Sports Medicine services we offer:
- The diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions;
- The prescription of evidence based accelerated rehabilitation programs (as well as exercise prescription for common chronic diseases);
- High resolution U/S guided therapeutic injections around tendons and into joints (such as corticosteroid injections);
- Compartment pressure testing (M. Young);
- Corticosteroid iontophoresis;
- Prolotherapy (R. Brown);
- Low dose U/S to promote fracture healing;
- Medical problems that relate to activity e.g. asthma, diabetes
Qsportsmedicine is very well supported by affiliated sub-specialised Orthopaedic Surgeons
. These include knee, foot/ankle, hip, upper limb and shoulder surgical specialists. Qsports can help expedite appointments for our referred athletes and patients who are likely to require surgical treatment.
practices have also reserved priority imaging appointments, so that investigations e.g. X-Rays
can usually be arranged within 48 hours for our patients.
Our multi-disciplinary team also includes (click to read more):
We are developing a number of sports specific and multidisciplinary musculoskeletal clinics. We believe that our multidisciplinary team approach will lead to a better and faster return to health.
Our allied health consultants also accept referrals for EPC plans.